Launching Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer’s House Hunter iPhone app
BBC Worldwide is the commercial arm of the BBC. It developed Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer’s House Hunter, the first iPhone app to fuse together a property search function with a comprehensive handbook on buying a home.
Our brief was to launch the app, generating mainstream awareness, interest and ultimately sales from a broad target customer base including home buyers and property enthusiasts.
What we did
We set out to generate interest with journalists prior to the launch in order to create a ‘big bang’ on launch day and secure campaign longevity. A multi-channel media launch was also devised in order to reach as much of the target audience as possible.
- 25+ radio and press interviews on launch day, including Sky News, BBC Radio Scotland, Magic FM, the Guardian and BBC Home and Antiques
- An appearance for Kirstie and Phil on Loose Women to talk about the app to an audience of 1.2 million
- 177 pieces of press coverage shortly after launch, including the Daily Mail, The Telegraph, and The Independent
- Ten positive app blog reviews, plus The Guardian and iTune's ‘App of The Week’
- The video guide was featured on 19 consumer websites including femalefirst.co.uk and GreatBritishLife.co.uk and amassed 20,000 views
“The launch has been a big success and the team has been amazing.” William Miller, Director of Talent and Brand Ventures, BBC Worldwide